Sunday, September 16, 2007

Spirit of the Wild Exhibition in Stockholm


Hi again

I just had to add a piece in my blog about the Spirit of the Wild exhibition I saw recently as it made a big impression on me.

While in Stockholm we had the luck of seeing the Spirit of the Wild Exhibition. This was an outdoor photographic exhibition which happened to be located on the doorstep of our hotel in Nyrbokagen (I think that’s how you spell it).

It is an exhibition of photographs of the wild by a South African photographer called Steve Bloom. We were so struck and impressed by the photos that we kept going back to see them throughout our stay. Apart from buying the book I also took photos of the pictures that I liked best. They are just so beautiful, as you can see below.

I didn’t know who Steve Bloom was and have just now looked him up in internet and this is what it says:

“Over the past twelve years, Steve Bloom has emerged as one of the world's leading photographers of the living world. his expressive and evocative photographs of wild animals in their natural surroundings have earned him several international awards, and his books have been published around the world. Outdoor Photography Magazine described his book, Untamed, as "the best case yet for the defence of the Earth", and Lufthansa Magazine called Elephant a "declaration of love".

Hope you enjoy the photos too, even if it’s only through my blog.

Cheers/Masha







No comments: