Sunday, February 12, 2023

Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria, a day when everything went wrong, to Toledo to celebrate my birthday, rediscovering Spain's medieval capital; the city of three cultures, RIP Phoebe, home again, family celebration and other stories.

Sunday, 12th February, 2023

In Toledo by the Bridge of St. Martin over the Tagus River 

Good morning again. 

This week was my birthday and we celebrated in style.  Today, however,  would have been my brother George's 68th birthday. 2 years older than me, he died, sadly, of melanoma, aged just 46 in 2001 - 22 years ago. I think of him often as well as all the others I have lost; my mother, my father, Aunty Masha, Aunty Gloria, Uncle Derek, Jacqueline, Michael and Anthony and of those who died who I never met such as my maternal grandfather and my mother's older sister, the nun, Aunty Olga. I also think of  Aunty Valya, my mother's younger brother Nicky's wife who died last year aged 97. It's just me now but I am lucky to have my own family; my beloved husband Eladio, daughters Suzy and Oli and my grandchildren Elliot and Juliet. I always regret my mother never got to know them nor dear George. Maybe it's my trauma that makes me feel like an orphan even at my age. Yes, I turned 66 this week and am nearing old age. Young people will already see me as an old person. 

I wasn't thinking about any of this last Sunday. That morning we went to a big shopping centre; Gran Plaza 2 to get our new SIM cards after changing from Yoigo to Movistar and also to drop off the old Yoigo router at a shop. Both errands were in vain. The cards were not ready and the router has to be returned by mail, not dropped off at a shop. I spent a lot of the day on the phone to Movistar and in each attempt I got conflicting information. It didn't seem like a good beginning. The story didn't end until I got home on Friday and in a way rather spoiled my birthday. 

We then had a quick coffee and rushed to Oli's house to help her with the kids or rather look after them while she showered as Miguel was not back from Benidorm. We had thought we were free of grandparent duty but it seems we are always on standby.

It was a relief to come home and have a quiet lunch together. I spent the afternoon, in between calls with Movistar, watching a new series - well new for me - called The Capture on the BBC iPlayer. It's a detective series focusing on deep fake images, specifically fake CCTV cameras. It was on Sunday that the last episode of the final season 3 of Happy Valley was broadcast but I waited till Monday to watch it and savour every moment of the extended episode lasting 70 minutes. I would miss Sergeant Catherine Cawood played divinely by Catherine Lancashire. Without exaggerating, it is one of the BBC's best ever detective series. The fact that it is filmed in  West Yorkshire makes it even more special for me. 

The rest of Sunday panned out quietly. This leads me to Monday 6th February. I was up at 6.15 after nearly 7 hours sleep which is not bad at all for me. 

Monday was the day Eladio chose to mow our massive lawn. He also called on some Peruvian gardeners to come later in the week to trim the trees, hedges and bushes - a huge task he no longer takes on himself and so he shouldn't. Thus I went on my walk alone with Pippa. I was accompanied by my classical favourites list on Spotify but I couldn't get the thought out of my head of my brother's death and my parents' which actually made me cry. So, Monday was a bit of a down day. I am not a negative person, preferring to enjoy life to the full but I have my down moments. Oli announced she was coming to lunch so it was the four of us together for once and it was pleasant. 

I had a free hour before lunch and used it to watch the final episode of Happy Valley. Enough has been written about it but I do agree it was a quite a satisfying end. It's the authenticity of people's lives and conversations that make it so appealing. I think it should have been called Dark Valley as Calderdale is not a particularly happy place (called Happy because of the drug problems in the area). 

The news on Monday which no doubt Olivia probably worked on at TVE, was all about a terrible double earthquake in southern Turkey and Syria - as if Syria hadn't already had enough. Thousands have died and it is a tragedy. It made me think we will be going that way in the spring but surely there won't be an earthquake when we are there. That's probably what the locals thought. They were asleep in their beds at about 4 am when it happened and the pictures of whole buildings crumbling was horrendous - dantesque. These natural disasters always seem to happen at the other end of the world but that's not always so is it anymore? Probably more than 20000 will have lost their lives in an area stretching around 100.000 square kilometres. In Spain that is equivalent to the whole of Castilla Leon and Madrid combined.  

Dreadful news this week

Had it been Japan where buildings are made to resist earthquakes, no doubt far fewer would have lost their lives. There are some terrible stories out there. One particular story really troubled me. A new born baby was found with the cord still attached to its dead mother. She had died  just after giving birth in the middle of the quake, along with her husband and 4 other children. This tiny tot  has just been born an orphan. So what am I complaining about? Nothing. Stories like this don't bare thinking about. 

The afternoon was quiet. I couldn't sleep much so watched the much more inspiring Call the Midwife on the BBC, thanks to my Express VPN (thanks Michael) which seems to work a lot better now. Being Monday, Amanda and I had our Skype call which always uplifts me and her too I suspect. If only she lived nearer. While we were Skyping my dearest friend Sandra rang me from Brussels - I would call her back afterwards. I would love my two friends to meet. When Amanda heard Sandra she commented on what a posh accent she has - she does. To think she was born in Bombay to an Italian father and Hungarian mother yet speaks English like the Queen did. Probably that is because she went to the Queenswood girls' boarding school. It was great to talk to Sandie later. She wanted to be the first to wish me a happy birthday but she was second, after Amanda. This month will be difficult also for her as one year ago on 28th February, she lost her mother Magda who was central to her life. I am hoping to see Sandra this spring if she can come to Madrid before our spring trip.

Monday ended with more of Fauda - getting a bit tired of it but it's great entertainment and very realistic.

Tuesday was a day when everything that could went wrong. We were to take the Volvo to the garage as there was a leak. Turns out it is losing diesel petrol and at today's prices that is no joke. We had to take the Mini too so as to leave the Volvo there, except that it wouldn't start. So my husband went off in the Volvo leaving me with my car which seemed to have a flat battery again. Thus I rung our insurance company, La Mutua. They came shortly after Eladio arrived by taxi.  Here is the picture to remember the moment.

La Mutua to the rescue once again
The mechanic measured the battery and declared it dead. He charged it and off Eladio went again to another garage I had rung, making sure they could change the battery that very morning. He spent 3 hours there. 

Meanwhile, I fought a battle with HP to restore the connection to our printer which wouldn't connect after we had changed our internet and mobile operator. Would you believe I had to make up to 7 calls and that it took me about 2.5h for the thing to work again but I managed? I was a wreck afterwards. All this in between managing new bookings. Iban was coming again that very day and we needed to prepare his room. Lucy had gone off on a paperwork trail to get her residency card so I was alone and Eladio had switched off the heating in Iban's room. 

We were supposed to do the food shopping as we were going away on my birthday but Eladio wasn't back until 13.30. We had no lunch prepared and decided on eating out - a hamburger at J. something Carls - famous in the US but not here. What a messy lunch Eladio pronounced. Why do hamburgers have to be eaten using your fingers with sauces oozing out? Next time I shall take along a plate and a knife and fork if I ever go back. From the hamburger "joint" we still had more errands to do. Finally I got a message from Movistar to say I would be "porting" (changing operators) that night and could go and pick up the new SIM cards.  We did get the cards and were finally home by about 4 pm. Then Eladio had to go to the garage to pick up the Volvo who hadn't solved why it was losing petrol. This time Suzy, who is the main user of my Mini, went with him. Later she went off in it. I don't mind her using it. What I really mind is that she uses up the petrol  so that when I do use it the first thing I have to do is fill the "bl****" tank. 

None of this put me in a good mood that day, the day before my birthday and I wondered to myself why on earth I had booked 2 nights at a hotel on the outskirts of Toledo. I just didn't feel like going.

I slept dreadfully that night. The treatment I am receiving from my urologist, sadly, is not working as I hoped it would. I was awake at 5 am on Wednesday,  my birthday and not feeling in the best of spirits and, no, I did not feel like going to Toledo. 

My thoughts at 5 am were not about my birthday. Rather it was on Movistatr - our new operator who we had switched to. By then our new sim cards were connected to Telefónica. Great I thought except that it wasn't great. I could not get the TV connected which was the main reason we changed. Later I realised too that internet at home was slower than before with Yoigo. When I saw that we had gone from 600mb to just 300 I was furious. That made Internet so slow it was not just enough for the house. Do you know I was on the phone to them all day sorting it out and that basically they ruined my birthday?   It was the guy who runs their Twitter, Diego, who came to my rescue and by the end of the day I had the TV working and supposedly 1 Giga at home. It was a huge mistake to change network providers during my birthday. Thus, I hardly noticed it was my birthday until late in the evening. Damn them. 

There was one highlight at home though before we left for Toledo at around 11 am. Eladio who thought my birthday was the next day (haha), gave me my present - a grey Uniqlo long down coat I chose. Here I am wearing it. It's not that pretty but it is so warm and comfortable which was the purpose. It was to be cold in Toledo and kept me beautifully warm. Here I am trying it on in the lounge. 

My birthday present - the Uniqulo coat. 
We reached our hotel, Cigarral El Bosque just outside the city in about 1 hour.  It is supposedly a 5 star hotel but it's more like a 4 star. The hotel itself which I knew from an event I did there with Adamo a few years ago, is ugly on the outside but the architect did one clever thing. He or she made sure all the rooms had views of the old part of the city with its spires, churches and monuments. That is its salient point. 

The hotel from the outside
View of Toledo from the hotel


I had booked a normal room but then upgraded to a "romantic" package of some sort. But I had no  idea they would give us a huge suite. It was amazing with a large terrace on the ground floor with direct access to the gardens with more views of the city. I read later it measures 52m which is like a small flat. We loved it and could have moved in. We were bowled over as we had not expected a suite with a large bedroom, large bathroom with both shower and bath and loads of lovely mini toiletries and huge lounge and dining room. Honestly 6 people could have slept there. 

As soon as we had unpacked - mainly all the technology stuff - we set off by taxi to the old walled town. Toledo was once the capital of Spain until 1561 and is known as the City of three cultures due to the influence of its successive Muslim, Jewish and Christian inhabitants. They supposedly lived in harmony at some stage but in 1492 all Jews were expelled from Spain. They were called the Sephardi Jews and were dispersed all over the world.  The city is also where the famous painter, El Greco, lived and his heritage is to be seen everywhere. Toledo is most popular with tourists and we saw a lot of Jewish and Muslim tourists probably exploring their heritage. 

We have been to Toledo on countless occasions but it was only really this week that I got to know it better and discovered places I had not visited before or even heard of. But before we discovered some of them we had to eat. We chose a wrong place, the touristy Restaurante Museo de Productos de Castilla La Mancha. We ate a menu of the day which was not up to standard, especially on a birthday but I didn't really mind or notice because I was on the phone to Movistar throughout. What a pain. 

From the restaurant we walked down into the heart of the city. Toledo has two synagogues. That day we visited the one I already knew which I already knew. Called Synagogue of St. Mary the White or also Ibn Shoshan Synagogue it was built in the late 12th century. It is considered the oldest synagogue still standing in Europe. This is it on the inside. 


One of the two medieval synagogues in Toledo

For the record there are only 3 medieval synagogues still standing in Spain. The 3rd is in Córdoba another city of 3 cultures. 

We walked on afterwards along the well kept stone streets of this very well preserved medieval city. Normally Toledo is full of tourists and usually rather too hot. So it was wonderful to visit it during the low season. We got to one of the main squares and I spied a Moorish type entrance where I had to have a photo. Moorish architecture of the time is called Mudéjar and there is plenty of it in Toledo. 
Enjoying Toledo but well wrapped up. 
What we wanted to see most was the Alcazar (fortress or castle) which dominates the city and was built in 1531. 
Eladio outside the Alcázar

Visiting the Alcázar

The Alcázar de Toledo
It has an interesting history. More recently, during the Spanish Civil War when the city was under siege a  famous Colonel , Moscardo held,  the building against the Republican forces The Republicans took Moscardo's son Luis hostage and demanded the surrender of the fortress or otherwise they would kill the boy. The Colonel spoke to his son on the phone - a recording has been kept - where he says to him "Command your soul to God, shout Viva España and die like a hero" . Refusing to surrender, his son was killed. It's quite a story isn't it? 

It was getting dark and time to go home which is what we did after so much walking. We also wanted to enjoy our suite. Here is Eladio sitting on the sofa with his PC: 


Relaxing in our huge suite
Dinner was better that night. We ordered room service - my favourite. Here is Eladio receiving it. Our upgrade also included a bottle of Cava and some chocolates. Wow!
Room service, the height of luxury
I must also share with you the view of the moonlit city at night which we could see from our room - spectacular. 
Toledo illuminated by the moon - view from our room
All too soon my birthday was over and it was Thursday but we were to have a full day in Toledo and that day I enjoyed our stay here with no interruptions from Movistar - thank goodness although they still kept ringing me. 

Despite the huge 2 meter bed which was comfortable I slept badly and only got about 4 hours sleep. It would have to do. It was on Thursday we discovered places and monuments we had never seen as well as visited some we had and what a wonderful day it was. I was most impressed with what I found. 

That day after a sumptuous breakfast - oh I love hotel buffet breakfasts - we set off to the city, this time on foot. It is only about 1.6km so not far at all. We crossed into the walled city over the 14th century  Bridge of Saint Martin.  We couldn't get enough of the beautiful views of the city where the Monastery of St. John is at its most visible,  and the river. The Tagus river is the longest in Spain. It measures 1006 km, starts in Albarracín (Teruel) and ends in Lisbon. Of course it is Madrid's main river too. 
St. Martin's bridge in Toledo
This is where we got the only photo of the two of us thanks to a kindly Mexican tourist. That's the photo I have chosen as this week's feature photo, the two of us enjoying my birthday get away. 

We walked across the bridge  and came to the entrance into the city where we had to have another photo. These entrances or gateways all have names and reminded me of the gates into the city of Jerusalem. I'm not sure but think this one is called La Puerta del Cambrón. 
The gateway into the walled city of Toledo from the Bridge of St. Martin
Toledo is a feast for the eyes. Everywhere you look, there is a beautiful medieval building or monument and the old part of the city is very well kept. I'm not surprised it is such a magnet for tourists. There is history looking in the eye from every corner of the city. Below is the Monastery of St. John
Outside the Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes
The Monastery of St. John of the Monarchs was a Franciscan order and built by the Catholic King and Queen Isabel and Fernando between 1477 and 1504 whose reign coincided with the expulsion of the Spanish Jews - The Sephardi Jews - in 1492 (the year Columbus sailed the Ocean Blue!).  Jews, as in many parts of the world, were not popular but at one time they lived in harmony in Toledo - for a while. There is evidence of them everywhere, especially in the Jewish Quarter (La Judería). It was on Thursday that we saw the other Synagogue, the Synagogue of the Transition which I had never seen before. It is housed in the Sephardi Museum and is a national treasure. I think it is what impressed me most. 

It was built in the 1350's by a powerful Jewish courtier, Samuel Halevi, after an order that prohibited the building of more synagogues. He was the treasurer to King Pedro I of Castille, known as King Pedro the Cruel. Halevi from the powerful Abulafía family was a sort of unnamed leader of the Jewish community. The King allowed him to build the synagogue but later during his reign, bowing to public pressure, tortured him to confess a sin he hadn't committed - robbing court treasures - after which he was tortured with all his family. That is a very cruel story but thanks to Halevi, Spain now houses one of the most important symbols of Jewish repression in history. 


Inside the Synagogue of Transition in Toledo
To the right, on the next floor up, is of course the Women's gallery. There are displays which show the history of Jewish customs. I was especially interested to see this Circumcision chair as well as the instruments needed for the ritual on baby boys.

The circumcision chair and instruments used to perform the "nip" 
We walked outside feeling a little bit more knowledgeable about the history of Jews in Spain. What a beautiful location for the museum too. The street outside is, naturally, called after its founder, Samuel Halevi.
Outside the second synagogue (Sinagoga de la transición). 
And there too was his bust. My cultured husband wanted a photo with it and I obliged. That's when we read up on the history of his influence on Toledo - a wonderful nugget of culture. 
Eladio next to the statue of Samuel Halevi - the founder of the Transition Synagogue
If Toledo is known as the city of 3 cultures, it is still a city that attracts people from all corners of the world, like El Greco in his time, or Darya today who plays the cimbalom. We listened and watched her play and were in awe. We spoke too. Darya is from Belarus and has lived in Spain for 20 years. I wish I could get to know her better. How wonderfully she plays. 
Darya from Belarus, playing her cimbalom in Toledo
She couldn't have chosen a better place - right in front of the 14th century  Church of St. Thomas. It is famous because it houses one of El Greco's most iconic paintings; the burial of the Count of Orgaz. We had to go in of course. 

The Burial of the Count of Orgaz by El Greco

Inside St. Tomas' Church
The altar includes a painting of "Doubting Thomas" - always my favourite disciple. 

So we had gone from a Jewish museum to a Christian church of much importance in Toledo. What we wanted to see next was the Mosque that represents for me the Muslim heritage of the city. But before reaching the now christianised Mosque of Christ of the Light we stopped in front of a large and impressive Baroque church called the Church of the Jesuits or of St. Ildefonso. We were curious as there signs indicating it had the best views of the city from the tower of this church. So in we went. And what a climb up to the top; not for the faint hearted. The climb was hard but oh what a prize at the end, the best views of Toledo as advertised. From the top you can see both the Fortress and the Cathedral.

The best views of Toledo are to be seen from the tower of the Church of St. Ildephonso
From the Church of the Jesuits we carried on on foot until we reached the jewel of Muslim heritage in Toledo, the little Mosque of the Light of Christ - you see once again christianised as was the Mosque in Córdoba. But it was still beautiful. Just look at these arches. 
Inside the 10th century mosque.

This gem of a mosque hidden away in Toledo
It is surrounded by gardens with more views of Toledo from the other side of the Fortress and Cathedral. This is the view my eyes feasted on. 
View from the Mosque
To the right of it is the Puerta del Sol - Sun gateway, the same name as Madrid's most famous square but nothing like it. It existed in the 1st century after Christ as part of the Roman walls; another treasure of Toledo. 
The Puerta del Sol - another gateway into the walled city

But we had had enough of treasures. Ever heard of the Stendhal syndrome? It's when you have had enough of beauty and culture that you cannot take anymore in. By then it was nearly 3 pm and we had been walking and climbing steps all day. We were exhausted and despite our enormous breakfast, hungry again.

We were told by one local that actually the best restaurant in town was at our hotel, El Olivo so that is where we headed but by taxi this time.

We were the only diners but weren't complaining. The food was delicious. We had one course - suckling lamb and some fruit. 


Lunch yesterday at our hotel 
It was such a sunny day that after lunch we walked around what felt like our own private garden with views of the city. We were very wowed. Shortly after the doorbell rang and there was  man carrying us a tray with a bottle of rosé wine in a bucket of ice and a platter of freshly cut fruit. Gosh I thought, I could move in here.

We rested and everything was good and great until I received a phone call from Suzy. It was to tell me she had found our cat, Phoebe, dead in the garage. OMG! Suzy was crying her eyes out and I was so sad and shocked. Of course she was old - 16 - but for her to go like that and for Suzy to find her there was very traumatic, especially for my daughter who feels things very strongly. Sad myself, I tried to calm her down and advised her to cover the poor creature in a sheet or towel and place her in a box - with the help of Lucy. We would bury her on our return and leave a stone to mark the place, the garden she had lived in for so many years. Eladio did that the day we arrived but didn't include us as he thought it would be upsetting to see her dead body. Now there is a stone upon her grave so we know where she is. 

Dear little Phoebe - pic taken in about 2019 I think

RIP Phoebe.

In a way I'm glad I wasn't at home as it is not the same finding her dead as hearing about it on the phone.

I comforted myself with a glass of rosé and was soon in another place in my mind - in London, while watching the very addictive series The Capture on the BBC iPlayer. Eladio was engrossed in his own content and we only emerged from our screens from the super comfy sofa to realise it was past 9 pm and late for our dinner. 

We were not hungry. There is a saying in Spanish "comer y rascar, cuestión de empezar" - eating and scratching is about the beginning  - i.e. you start and can't stop. So we ate the leftovers of a fish dish from room service the night before with the fresh fruit. Then it was more screen time until we felt drowsy at around midnight.

And suddenly it was Friday, the morning of our departure. All good things always do come to an end. I was up at around 6.30 and we spent some leisure time, including another scrumptious breakfast. We aimed to leave at around 11.30 and were home by 12.30. It all felt like a dream, there we were at home again. It was good to greet Suzy, Lucy and my darling Pippa but the sight of the box in the garage containing Phoebe was not nice at all. 

My first task was to check the internet coverage and after moving a few of the extenders, all looked good. We have definitely noticed the speed is now quite a lot faster but not perfect. Last night Netflix froze.  What a palaver it has been to change operators. We then had a quiet lunch together in the dining room and only saw one guest, Simon, the Swedish padel player. Also there were some Peruvian gardeners who had come to prune the hedges, trees, roses  and bushes - heavy work.

For some reason I was feeling exhausted, probably due to lack of sleep. So I was pleased I managed over an hour's siesta which I desperately needed. I had quiet time that afternoon enjoying our own room - not as big as the Toledo hotel suite but still wonderful. I spent it watching the end of The Capture - wow what a series! It was good also to sleep in our own bed and I did get a better night's sleep on Friday. 

Saturday dawned and was the day we would celebrate my birthday "en famille". My birthday didn't really feel like my birthday without my family. Unknowingly to me, yesterday, my dear school friend, Geraldine, visited her parents' grave at the same cemetery where my parents are buried. She placed flowers on my parents' grave too as she has done so many times in the past. It was good to know that on the day I celebrated my birthday with the family; almost as if they were included.  I don't know how to thank you dear Geraldine; words are not enough. 

Yesterday was the coldest day of the year but we braced the freezing temperatures to go on our walk before all the preparations for the birthday meal. What greeted us outside was loads of foliage the gardeners had cut from our garden and that's just the half of it as they are coming back to finish the job today. 

Just some of the trimmings from our garden
We were pretty much on our own on our walk apart from cyclists. We wrapped up warmly - my new Uniqlo coat is divine for its warmth and by 10.30 we were home. I needed the walk as there would be a lot of calorie consumption that day hahahaha.

We went off to get the food; mainly fresh fish for fish and chips which is the dish we always have for family birthdays. Once finished, we drove to Alverán where we met Oli and the family to have coffee together as well as some delicious "vigilantes" - a sort of sugared thin croissant. It was great to see the kids again. Soon Elliot was sitting next to me talking 19 to the dozen and showing everyone his Spider Man clothes, including his underpants. So funny! He is such a chatterbox. And soon Juliet was in her grandfather's arms, one of her favourite places. The chemistry oozes between the two of them as shown in this lovely photo below. I don't know why but there is always a special relationship between a father and a daughter and a mother and a son - call me sexist but there is no denying it. 
Eladio and Juliet reunited
None of my birthday presents were a surprise, even the flowers in my hands in the photo below which Oli wanted to buy me at the local florist. It was Elliot who gave them to me but he refused to be in the photo. I do love tulips. 
Tulips from Oli for the birthday "girl"
Once home they were soon gracing our dining room table which was laid for our lunch. 
The birthday lunch table
Lucy made the chips - she is good at it - and I made the beer battered fish. Suzy made the mushy peas. They were not that authentic as both the fish and the chips were fried in olive oil. But they taste as good as the best in England, I promise. This was my plate. Divine. 
Fish and chips for the birthday lunch
And this was the splendid cake from Alverán. It's sponge and cream topped with raspberries and covered in white chocolate which I adore. Elliot loved the white chocolate and cream and in this he takes after his great grandfather, a great fan of whipped cream!!
My birthday cake - the one I always get
The cake moment is always the best. For the occasion I wore some silly glasses and a sash I bought for birthdays some years ago. They add to the fun. Adding to the fun too were the special firework like candles. Oli took a video which you can see on my YouTube channel. Then we had a photo shoot and the photo below is my favourite. Have you noticed we still have the Happy New Year banner on the wall? It's time to remove it hahahahaha. We do love a party in this house. 
The cake moment with my family 
We were  rather full afterwards and I all I wanted was my siesta. The children went straight into the main lounge making a beeline for my ornaments - specially the ducks and little houses. Another duck was broken that afternoon. Oh well:-(

I think I slept for 1.5h and by the time I was up, Oli and family had gone. But we shall see lots of them this week as we are on grandparent duty in the afternoons. Oli will be teaching a class of students doing a master in TV journalism at a private University. Called Core (Entertainment Science Campus), it belongs to the media group Planeta. Her subject is about being an MC which she knows a lot about. She herself did a master's degree in TV journalism with RTVE and now she will be a teacher to future TV journalists. I'm rather proud of her for being asked. As she will be tied up in the afternoons after her normal job at RTVE, we shall have to pick the kids up in the afternoon until Miguel finishes his shift at 7 pm this week. I shall try to make sure no more ornaments are broken hahahahaha.

The rest of the day was quiet after they left and panned out as most weekend afternoons do here. Today is Sunday; my brother's birthday and I'm glad the sun is out again. The sun always cheers me up. I could never live in an area where it rains a lot.

Now my friends, I have come to the end of the tales of this week - a rather different one from usual. Let's see what next week brings.

Till then, all the best,
Masha






 



No comments: